Sunday, January 18, 2009

Working from home

In my last post, I complained a little about the workload I've been dealing with. As you know, I primarily work from home and I'm taking my classes from a distance. A friend of mine shared Smartsheet with me; it's a wonderful tool that allows me to collaborate with others and organize my projects. I have sheets for my work at Cleary, one for my Ed D program, one for my life, and one for our basement project. You might want to just check it out if you work from home or if you'd like to be more efficient in your work anywhere.

Smartsheet Online Project Collaboration

Another thought about working from home: I want a big office. BIG. Really big. I stole Nathan's room last year and made it into a guest room/craft room/home office. Well, I've run out of room for anything new. I'm not talking about tchockes or knick knacks or other "stuff." I can't find room to put my textbooks or the fabric for some of my projects. It's nuts! What do you think about an office like this instead?















Nice, right? Look at all the counter space!

This is my office now:












I do love the colors and all that; it's by far the girliest room in the house. Some of you have mentioned keeping the bedroom in the basement rather than tearing it out. Let me remind you that the bedroom in the basement was, at it's largest measurements, 8x11. No thanks. My current office is 11x11. It would be fine, except that I have a big desk to accommodate my crafting needs, there's a twin bed in there, and there's a small printer stand. I wish we could have a bonus room above the garage...that'd be a great craft room...

No comments: