Thursday, January 1, 2009

Simplifying started early

You have to see these pictures from Christmas morning. Really, I just wasn't in the "Christmas spirit" this year. However, on Christmas morning, it hit me. This is why:



Santa came! He really, really came! He left boot prints on the hearth and even hand prints on the fireplace. Whoa! This was our favorite Christmas ever. We simplified by requesting that Santa only bring a few gifts, and it worked out really well. As you see, the boys have a new kitchen set (which they LOVE) and they each have a couple of new favorites.

Simplify is the goal for 2009. I am going to try to simplify my schedule, simplify our activities, and simplify my mind. I hope you have a blessed new year filled with great memories and smiles as big as those you see above.

No comments: