Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bringing crafty back



Did you miss me? I've been spending so much time at work, school, and Facebook that I sort of dropped off the map. I didn't realize it's been almost a year since I updated my blog. Oopsies.



I picked out this fabric and this fabric (shown together above) to make this adorable Amy Butler bag:


 


I'm more than a little nervous about making this thing. First, it's so super cute that I don't want to mess it up. Next, lots and lots of other people out here have had less than pleasant experiences making it. They all promise, however, that it is worth it in the end. We'll see...I'll try to keep you posted with my progress. I want to have it done by the time we go to Puerto Vallarta in February. It would make a lovely carry on, don't you think?


I used the Amy Butler Liverpool pattern to make a tunic, but it ended up as the outer shell for what will be the coolest spring coat. Ever. Really.



I've promised myself that I will become more patient and crafty and active. I think I've started out the new year rather well!

1 comment:

Young's said...

ummm-one of those bags would also make a pretty cool diaper bag huh? Maybe you should start selling them! Glad to see you up and running again! Oh and I love your new blog background. So fun!